PLAY GOLF AMERICA
Play Golf America University (PGAU) is a PGA of America college and university golf program, designed to teach and engage students in the game of golf through PGA Professional instruction and other golf programs. Play Golf America University, while open to all students, is especially targeted for juniors, seniors and graduate students to help them to learn to play golf as well as understand how golf can be employed as a business tool as they enter the professional world.
- "Get Golf Ready" College Classes: Expanded from the Get Golf Ready program, PGA Professionals deliver a 16-week / -session introduction to golf classes. This is the original and core element of the program.
- Recreational Sports - Intramural Experience: Transition students and skills learned to casual, yet structured, on-course and on-campus playing experiences.
- Recreational Sports - On Campus Expos: Bring golf to students through on-campus Play Golf America experiences featuring free lessons, skills challenges, golf contests and more.
- EWGA Young Professional Membership Program: Promote EWGA Young Professional Membership opportunities as a way for students to stay engaged in the game, plus as a networking / career development resource.
Through PGAU, participating colleges and universities will deliver the following objectives:
- Provide students a comprehensive introduction to the game and golf skill development experience
- Provide students basic knowledge and understanding of rules, terminology, etiquette and history of the game
- Provide students with an understanding of golf as a business tool and complete an experience that enables them to play in a company outing for employers upon graduation
- Provide opportunities through campus recreation programs to compete in competitive golf experiences
- Direct students to PlayGolfAmerica.com as a resource to help them continue to develop their golf skills upon graduation
- Create the desire and skills so students can become avid golfers
To learn about schools hosting Play Golf America University and how to get involved, visit University Participation.