|Becoming A Host Facility
Benefit from the golf industry's most comprehensive marketing campaign by listing your facility on PlayGolfAmerica.com. Led by The PGA of America, "Play Golf America" is supported by a variety of allied organizations including the LPGA, National Golf Course Owners Association, PGA Tour and USGA.
A multi-million dollar national marketing campaign has been launched and includes advertisements on national TV and radio during PGA, LPGA, USGA, PGA Tour and Champions Tour events, as well as web advertising. All marketing elements are intended to drive consumers to this national Web site, PlayGolfAmerica.com, which serves as the umbrella for player development programs geared to new, former and occasional adult golfers.
Benefits of Participation
Each Host Facility will receive:
- Their own facility web page on the Play Golf America national Web site to promote adult player development programs to the general public and/or membership
- Access to program templates, guidelines and best practices for a variety of player development programs
- Downloadable promotional materials and forms designed to market these programs
- The ability to host and track consumer information, and measure participation in the facility's programs and events. Resulting information can be used exclusively by facility management for future marketing opportunities including direct e-mail campaigns
- Access to the Play Golf America Resource Center including best practices, program features, and online training message boards
- Each host facility must have either a PGA or LPGA member overseeing their program and all personnel and teaching staff should remember to provide a friendly, welcome, patient and fun atmosphere within which these customers can become committed golfers! In the event that no PGA or LPGA member is employed at a facilty, an alternative approach may be to involve PGA Life Members to assist in the process and offer guidance for launching a successful player development program. The PGA has establised a team of Life Members who are interested in supporting player development programs and other initiatives at facilities throughout the country. To recruit a Life Member Action Team Professional or for further information, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Each facility is responsible for its own local marketing. In the event of more than one host facility in a given market, it is highly advisable for the facility operators collaborate in their local marketing efforts.
- Each facility should offer free orientations to introduce prospective students to their program, facility, and staff.
- Each facility should offer a minimum of three group clinics or activities each year.
- Each package should be affordability priced.
- Each facility is responsible for keeping their Play Golf America web page up-to-date.
- Each facility is encouraged to offer numerous additional playing opportunities on a pre-scheduled, organized basis to ensure the important transition from student to golfer.
NOTE: This Web site is not intended for promoting individual private lessons, but rather a series of group lessons or group playing opportunities geared toward adults and/or their families. Please also note that no commercial sponsorships are permitted on the Play Golf America Web site.
TO BECOME AN OFFICIAL HOST FACILITY
PGA Members - Please click here to register as an official host facility.
CMAA, GRAA, LPGA, NGCOA, GCSAA and NRPA Members - Please click here to complete the Facility Application.